Thursday, September 6, 2012

TILT - Sweet Snack Edition!

In this edition (edition #2 if you are counting) of Things I Love Thursdays I'll be giving you a quick peek into some of the awesome gluten free snack foods I've found and loved over the last 4 years of gluten-freedom.  I figured I'd focus on the sweet tooth side of the house...well, because currently that's what I'm craving!

Yay!!

Get excited with me!!

Ok, so it's not that exciting for most...but if you are new to the gluten free world and feeling lost without your fav snack goodies...then this really IS exciting!

So without further ado (and because I need to high tail my behind to bed before work tonight)...here are some of my favorite gluten free sweet snacks (note, they are not all vegan...I have gluten free kids too that are not vegan).


I was recently inspired by Heather at Kiss My Broccoli to take a closer look at the KIND granola I've been spying on the commissary shelves...finally, when I saw this flavor at TJ Maxx I knew it was kismit and had to pick it up...thankfully I did because it turned into this...



That would be fresh figs from my CSA that were delivered fresh to my door yesterday with some of this yogurt (also a fav snack)...


Along with some of this protein powder mixed in (great for snack-like smoothies!)...




There was also a banana and possibly a bit of this sprinkled on top...for good measure (great for snacking cinnamon toast with GF bread!)...


This healthful snack was sorely needed after I completed a long brick workout (meaning I rode my bike and then got off and ran...my legs felt like bricks, hence the name)...20 mile ride, 5 mile run...it was hot, I was hungry...but I feel ready for my race next weekend!


I also snacked on one of these bad boys along the way...get them, they are like crack...not that I would actually know, but you get the darn point!


After the grueling, hot workout I acted a bit juvenile and cooled off for a minute...can you blame me??

 

Ok...a bit offtrack...back to the snacks!!

These bad boys get me through many cravings for something sweet and quick...see, not just for kids!

They make gluten free grown ups happy too!



Another great cookie is by Enjoy Life...they make great GF treats but we love these little lemon guys, they are tiny and totally scrumptious!



Alright, lastly...again cause naptime is calling my name...my kiddos fav snack that I though was lost forever in gluten land...ice cream sandwiches!!  Before I figured out how to make my own I found these goodies at Whole Foods and was super stoked!!


 
Sorry about the sideways-ness of the pic...the tired girl is winning over the OCD girl here and I'm not turning it!  Besides, it doesn't change the flavor of these yum-o treats...so get to it already and buy some!


That's all for today folks...no recipe today since I'm still trying to perfect a few...I'll get some out soon!  Have a great day and this tired girl is heading to dreamland!








No comments:

Post a Comment