Wednesday, October 3, 2012

WIAW #3 On The Fly...

It's been busy 'round here...no surprise...

Only SIX more days till we head to the Big Island for some Ironman fun and even more relaxation!!!!  AHHHHH!!!


I'm more excited then I could ever explain...but prior to the vacation comes lots of planning...and working...

So today is another What I Ate Wednesday...I'll highlight some of the fab food I've been cooking up lately as well as give you a long awaited recipe....at the end ;)



I've been digging breakfast lately...in any form...at home or out and about...

Breakfast on the Boardwalk at the Wavehouse...good food, great views

This morning's tofu scramble at good ole' standby Snooze...no pic of the bloody Mary...but it was great too!


The usual morning standby at home...soyrizo with veggie galore!


Can you see a theme in my breakfast choices??  A little spice and a whole lotta veg...but occasionally I do splurge on some pancake love....




Smores pancakes anyone?????  Recipe's at the end...keep reading...


I've also been loving on salads for my work dinner...especially during Powercakes challenge (join us!)...


Or if I'm not at work I'm possibly at Casa De Luz eating from their fabulously vegan and gluten free menu...


And when all is said and done I enjoy my version of "ice cream"...frozen bananas, almond butter, and almond milk thrown in the Vitamix until creamy...talk about a treat!!


So there you go...lots of my goodies from the past week or so...now I'm hungry and need to go make some dinner...on the menu??  Roast cauliflower, broccoli, lentils, and I'm not sure what else yet...what are you eating tonight?

Oh yeah...here's the recipe...maybe you can eat dessert for breakfast tomorrow morning...hmmm...maybe I will too!


Smores Pancakes

by Jaclyn Trosper
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes


Ingredients (6 pancakes)
  • 2 cups multipurpose gluten free flour (try to find a brand that includes xanthan gum)
  • 2 scoops protein powder (I used Sprouts generic soy vanilla)
  • 1/4 tsp xanthan gum (only if your flour doesn't include it)
  • 2 tbsp flax
  • 3 tbsp warm water
  • 2 tbsp applesauce
  • 1 tbsp honey (not considered vegan but needed for that graham taste, use agave if you avoid honey)
  • 8 drops liquid stevia
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • 2 C almond milk
  • 8-12 vegan marshmallows
  • 1/2 bar organic dark chocolate (you can also use carob chips but the flavor is a bit different)
  • 2 tbsp coconut oil
Instructions
In a large bowl mix flour, protein powder, xanthan gum (if using), applesauce, honey, stevia, vanilla, cinnamon, and almond milk. In a separate small bowl mix flax and warm water. Add flax "egg" to large bowl, mix well. In a well greased pan drop large spoonfuls of mixture to form pancakes. Cook on medium heat, flip when bubbly and brown. Meanwhile in a double boiler heat marshmallows with 1 tbsp of the coconut oil, stir often to create a creamy mix. In microwave (or another double boiler) heat chocolate with other tbsp coconut oil until melted. Serve marshmallow and chocolate between layers of pancakes...you can even sprinkle cinnamon on top!
Powered by Recipage



No comments:

Post a Comment