Sunday, September 9, 2012

Weekend Warrior

The title of this post has many meanings...I can't really consider myself a "weekend" warrior since I tend to work many weekends (working tonight actually).  My weekends usually occur during the week. 

Also, if you know me IRL (in real life) you know that I'm in the process of joining the Navy Reserves...and they are frequently called weekend warriors...but that's another post for another day.

This weekend however I felt like a weekend warrior...super busy, over planned, lots of tasks...

But I got it all done!!

My weekend started on Friday morning after I got off work.  My friend Alli and I headed over to Bonita Cove down in Mission Bay...what a beautiful morning it was!



We were really excited to get in the water!





After a swim/run combo we headed out to breakfast...only problem?  I forgot alternate footwear and ended up sporting my work shoes (love my Danskos!) to the cafe.


Oh well, no harm, no foul...though I may have gotten a small parking ticket...parking signs are much harder to read when you are sleep deprived!

Saturday was spent cleaning, chauffering, circuit training...

See...working out is fun!  Wheelbarreling reminds me of being a kid, but it's harder then I remembered!


Picnicing...(with my monstrous vegan, gluten free portabella mushroom sandwich and cilantro pesto tofu from Whole Paycheck Foods)...



And bbq'ing/playing around with our circus friends (Shanne's got this 2 high down!).



This morning though was when the real warrior'ing began (Angel was really, really trying to help).



Daddy took on a project (he likes to take things apart, what can I say?)...



Addy wanted to "reorganize" her room...



And of course, I cooked!

First on the menu was a chia jam recipe by Powercakes...



Then I thought to continue her recipe an easier way for a busy mom and stuffed the jam in Bob's Red Mill gluten free cornbread mix muffins.  I veganized the muffins by using vegan "butter", almond milk, and applesauce instead of eggs...they turned out WAY better then I planned!  Though I do plan on making her full recipe as I'm pretty sure they will be AMAZING pre-race (ANY race)!



Next up was my favorite chocolate pudding.  I adapted it from this recipe...and it worked so well! 



You could sweeten it up with more stevia if you want, or maybe some agave, but I prefer it not too sweet with more richness...hint, it's better once it sits in the fridge for a bit to really blend the flavors...just saying.

Now it's nap time for me and a few nights of work...seriously busy week ahead...I'll post on that later...lots of good things coming!  Night y'all!



Vegan Chocolate Pudding

by Jaclyn Trosper adapted from the Rawtarian
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: N/A


Ingredients (Serves 4)
  • 4 ripe avocados peeled and cored
  • 6 figs (ends cut off)
  • 4 T organic cocoa powder (unsweetened and plain)
  • 16 drops liquid stevia (you could use agave or honey if you want, or even a flavored stevia would be amazing!)
  • 2 tbsp almond milk to help blend
Instructions
Place all ingredients in blender or food processor. Mix well. I have a Vitamix so the consistency is super creamy...results may differ in other machines, but the idea is all the same. You can sweeten it up more if you want! Place in the fridge to set and let the flavors meld...what a treat!
Powered by Recipage


No comments:

Post a Comment