Monday, August 27, 2012

Ctrl-Alt-Del

Kale, spinach, carrot, apple, cucumber, romaine lettuce, and ginger

You know when your computer freezes up...won't work...and you have to reboot it?

CTRL-ALT-DEL

Yeah, that's what I'm going to do with my body.  Summer is over...I had some dietary fun over the last few months and it's time to clean house a bit.  I was also uber inspiried by this to embark on this challenge.  To start that I'm going on a 3 days juice cleanse (though I messed up already and made 1 smoothie!!).  No more...straight juice...for 3 days.  Wish me luck.  I'll complain blog about it when I'm done for sure!

For today though it was another life milestone in our family...like I said...summer is over...

The kids went back to school!!

Shanne (my big 3rd grader) and Addy (my whittle kindergartner)

Not only that, but my baby...my Addy...started kindergarten!!


Not gonna lie, I shed a few tears.  But I'm also super excited to be able to have entire free days to train, shop, cook, blog...whatever I want!!  Holy cow that's exciting!!

Today's free time was utilized properly with a 3500 meter swim as I prep for Nautica Malibu Triathlon on September 15th.


It was a great swim on a beautiful sunny day...but now it's nap time as I prep for 2 more nights of work (and hopefully no more mishaps!).

But first I'll leave you with a new recipe created yesterday as I had 2 little children clamoring for different meals for breakfast...Addy wanted a PB&J sandwich and Shanne wanted pancakes...what's a mama to do?  Make PB&J pancakes of course!


Quick, easy, tasty.  I semi-cheated and used Bisquick GF mix (kiddos are GF too).


And I finally got to use my new PB2 that I found at the commissary of all places!



But the end result was still fabulous and eventually I will make it from scratch...but for now this works!  Enjoy and have a fabulous beginning of your week!




PB&J Pancakes

by Jaclyn Trosper
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
 

Ingredients (Serves 2 hungry kiddos (8 smal)
  • 1 cup GF Bisquick mix
  • 1 tbsp flax meal
  • 2 tbsp warm water
  • 2 tbsp cooking oil
  • 2 tbsp agave
  • 1 cup almond milk
  • 2 tbsp PB2
  • Fruit preserves/jelly (I used organic strawberry)
  • Warm water to thin
Instructions
Mix bisquick, oil, agave, almond milk and PB2 in a large bowl. In a separate small bowl mix flax and warm water. Add flax mixture to large bowl. Mix until well blended. Spoon onto hot griddle coated with cooking spray or coconut oil in dollops. Flip when bubbly on edges.
Meanwhile mix preserves with warm water until desired consistency is reached. Serve over hot cakes.
Powered by Recipage



2 comments:

  1. When you come out with a recipe book. I want mine signed! You know your co-workers and friends are always very willing guinea pigs to ANY recipe! Potluck or no potluck! ;) Keep it up Jackattack!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Arbs! And trust me...I will now officially try recipes on you guys, though technically I already have been...you'll see stuff you've tried featured here eventually, trust me!

      Delete