Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Gotta start somewhere...

So I have finally gone and created a blog... I don't know that anyone is particularly interested in the musings of a 27 year old mother of 2, wife of 7 years, amateur triathlete, aspiring runner, and newly graduated nurse...but oh well...I have things to say and an entire universe to share it with...if they want to listen.



At this point in my life I have accomplished most of what I always set out to do. I have a wonderful family and friends, a beautiful home that I own, an amazing career (not just a job), and I have a passion in my life, triathlon. But some days...when it's just me...I wonder...what more is there? There are so many things I hope to do in my life...and I haven't even decided yet what they all are. I want to travel, I want to explore the depths of my personal athletic ability, I want to experience everything I can as a nurse, I want to attain my master's or doctorate, I want to show my children everything that I have seen and more... As an ICU nurse I see death far too often and have become far to comfortable with the familiar feeling of being surrounded by sorrow...but it has also taught me important life lessons. It has taught me that I can not wait until "someday" to start really living...life is too unpredictable for that. I do not fear death itself, but rather the feeling of never really having finished what I have been put on this earth to do. I hope, at the end of my life I can feel much like Richard Weber felt when he faced death (if you aren't a Grey's Anatomy fan...then you won't get the analogy)...that death is not the end, but rather the end of a beautiful journey.



So, I'm not sure how I got so off track...but to bring it all back, I want to blog to be able to see where I have been, feel where I am, and help figure out where I'm going...so here goes nothing...

No comments:

Post a Comment